Nargin (Boyuk Zirya, Azeri: Nargin (Böyük Zir?)) is the largest island within the Baku Bay. It is uninhabited, the lighthouse was erected in 1814. The island is covered with remains of buildings, more than 20 ships rust on its north coast.
The island served as a prisoner of war camp during both world wars, and it also had a small Soviet naval station. Nearly all these buildings have been demolished. Located near the center of the narrow island. Accessible only by boat. Site status unknown.
coordinates : 40°17'47.43"N 49°55'45.27"E
pictures sources :
text source :
Lighthouses of Azerbaijan